Wednesday 15 July 2009

its funny the way people compare!

i thought i'd write this as i was reading a few more album reviews recently, all bloody good i might add. A big thanks to all the reviewer's, good or bad. ( i've only seen one bad review and that wasnt so bad!)

Anyway a lot of people have mentioned i sound like DJ Shadow. Which is not a bad thing in my eyes, he makes dope music! And a lot of people said that my album is 'Trip Hop', okay. 

But let me break it down, if you listen to DJ Shadow's music, then mine, the only real thing they have in common is that we both make instrumental Hip Hop. i don't think my music sound's anything like him! i think it's just easy for review people to associate me with him cause we both made instrumental Hip Hop. 

As for trip hop, did these people ever listen to much trip hop? i did, but none of the records i have in that 'genre' sound anything like my album either. 

For the record i make Hip Hop, my own brand of it, call it what you will. The electronic music i've made recently is still Hip Hop to me, that's where i came from, anything i do will always be an extension of Hip Hop. 

ta

1 comment:

BEAT_BUTCHA said...

GHOST IS A BIT LIKE THE EMINEM/ROD STEWART OF ARCHISPANIC GABBER MUSIC